Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2019

I Don't Feel Like Going to School Today: Day 4 NaPoWriMo

Writing prompt: Write your own sad poem, one that achieves sadness through simplicity. Playing with the sonnet form may help you – its very compactness can compel you to be straightforward, using plain, small words.



I Don't Feel Like Going to School Today

I don’t feel like going to school today
I’d rather stay home, I’d rather just play
I really don’t feel well just look at me
My eyes are beet red and my tongue is green
My tummy’s upset, swooshing and swirling
My head is pounding, twisting and twirling 
I want nothing to do with that new school
To make me go there would be mean and cruel
My old school is fine, my friends are all there 
Why did we have to move? It’s just NOT FAIR!
I don’t feel like going to school today
I’d rather stay home I’d rather just say
My heart feels broken from moving away
I’m just too sad to go to school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment