Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

I Wonder Why: Day 26 NaPoWriMo

Writing prompt: Write a poem that uses repetition. Many forms of poetry expressly require or rely on repetition – for example, the villanelle or pantoum.

I Wonder Why

I feel nervous when I go to school.
I am introverted and shy.
The problem is I’m just not cool,
As I so often wonder why.

I am introverted and shy,
And the best pretender you’ll ever see.
But sometimes I wonder why
My friends don’t actually know me.


*I chose to write a pantoum poem today. This is a basic pantoum which consists of two quatrains using an “ab,ab” rhyme scheme. Each line usually has between 8-12 syllables.

The most interesting thing about the pantoum form of poetry is that the second line of the first stanza is repeated in the first line of the second stanza, and the fourth line of the first stanza is repeated in the third line of the second stanza.

No comments:

Post a Comment