Pages

Monday, April 1, 2019

Self Portrait as Pippi Longstocking: Day 1 NaPoWriMo

Writing Prompt: Write a poetic self-portrait. And specifically, we’d like you to write a poem in which you portray yourself in the guise of a historical or mythical figure. 

What I chose to wrote was more of a comparison between one of my favorite book characters and myself, sort of a twist on the writing prompt.


Self Portrait as Pippi Longstocking

She has my grandma's red hair
I don’t. Mine is mousy brown,
Sometimes I wear braids. 
Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint 
Efraim's Daughter 
Longstocking 
Pippi for short.
That’s my name too.
Her father is a pirate captain,
Mine, the strongest man in the world.
We both have freckles,
Ugh! freckles!
I’ve never been to the South Seas,
But like to go to Rockaway Beach
I build some beautiful sand castles,
Marvelous, really
I think Pippi Longstocking would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment